Thanks to an outpouring of support from generous donors, the Iraqi Children Foundation (ICF) and its Iraqi NGO partner donated nutritious food packages to 185 destitute homes with orphans and street children in the Baghdad area. “The number of families we helped this year was more than triple the number of families we were able […]
Iraq is experiencing an urgent orphan crisis. A December 2012 report from UNICEF estimates the number of orphans in Iraq today at 800,000. Street children are estimated in the thousands. These children are dangerously vulnerable to recruitment and exploitation by criminals or terrorists, as well as physical abuse, human trafficking, and other risks. The plight of this large a number of children poses a serious humanitarian crisis as well as a threat to the future security and stability of Iraq. The need is desperate and urgent.
- Serving as a catalyst to mobilize US and international partners
- Investing in training and capacity building of Iraq’s non-governmental and community organizations
- Emphasizing direct assistance for hand up, not hand out, projects
Keep up to date with ICF’s progress by signing up for our mailing list. Your personal information will never be shared or sold, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Your contributions make it possible to:
- Provide food and clothing;
- Empower community leaders;
- Tend to trauma